- www.jpeoplehood.org, section on Mifgash
- Adam Stewart, Mifgashim, The Aleph-Bet of Israel Education, The iCenter.
- Harvey E. Goldberg, Steven M. Cohen and Ezra Kopelowitz (editors), Dynamic Belonging: Contemporary Jewish Collective Identities, Berghahn Books, New York, 2012
- Shaul Kelner, Tours that Bind: Diaspora, Pilgrimage, and Israeli Birthright Tourism, NYU Press, 2010
- Paul Pederson, A Handbook for Developing Multicultural Awareness, American Counseling Association, Alexandria VA, 1994
- Theodore Sasson, David Mittelberg, Shahar Hecht, Len Saxe, “Encountering the Other: Finding Oneself: The Taglit Birthright Israel Mifgash”. Cohen Center for Modern Jewish Studies, 2008.
- Leonard Saxe and Barry Chazan, Ten Days in Birthright Israel: A Journey in Young Adult Identity, Brandeis University Press, Waltham, 2008
- A Guidebook for Madrichim for Facilitating a Mifgash – Jewish Agency for Israel. This guide was written for British groups meeting Israeli teens. Most of the content is relevant to all populations.
To find an appropriate Israeli population to connect your students to, contact Partnership2Gether or your local Federation to find your partnership community in Israel. The school twinning network run by Partnership 2Gether offers excellent resources.