To create and sustain a vibrant and thriving Jewish People whose institutions nurture belonging and commitment to the Jewish collective enterprise for the purpose of enriching Jewish life and making the world a better place.
There is a tremendous growth of interest in education for collective Jewish belonging, often focused in the areas of Jewish Peoplehood and Israel education. Despite the interest and the many individuals and organizations who are now working in this area, the field is still in a nascent state. The Center for Jewish Peoplehood Education (CJPE) will serve as a resource and catalyst for developing this field.
CJPE will serve as the central entity to address the challenges of Jewish Peoplehood education. It will offer institutions and individuals the resources and support to obtain professional development, content and programmatic development or general Peoplehood conceptual and educational consulting.
- To provide an address for individuals and organizations grappling with the challenge of developing and instilling modes of meaningful Jewish belonging attuned to contemporary times.
- To initiate strategic interventions in building the field of Jewish Peoplehood, Israel education for the development of key areas such as Mifgashim (direct encounters between Jews of different cultures).
- To enhance Peoplehood discourse, collaboration, resource sharing and dialogue.
To build a “one stop” resource center offering consulting and educational resources in strategic areas, including:
- Assessment of organizational capacity
- Development of organizational vision and implementation strategies
- Lay leadership development
- Professional development
- Development of custom-made Peoplehood curricula and programs
- Development and implementation of leadership development modules
- Research and evaluation
Initiating, in collaboration with others, signature programs such as:
- Peoplehood Leadership Institute
- A Mifgashim Resource Center
- A Global conference on Peoplehood education
- An Internet platform for the purpose of resource sharing and professional collaboration.
- The publication of the Peoplehood Papers