מחויבותנו לפליטים מכוח סיפור יציאת מצרים
- The relationship between the Land of Israel and the People of Israel is longstanding, going back to ancient times and finding expression in Jewish Biblical and Rabbinic texts.
- In modern times, Israel is the vision and venture of the Jewish People. The Jewish People’s central project in modern times is the building of a sovereign Jewish State in the Land of Israel.
- Being an active participant in the Jewish People implies an ongoing relationship with the State of Israel and a concern for the way it conducts its social, ethical and humanistic affairs and its contribution to global Jewry.
- Even if they don’t live in Israel, all Jewish People are “owners” of the State of Israel and have a part to play in contributing to, supporting and being in an ongoing relationship with the State.
- Contemporary Israel boasts a diverse and rich culture that is the product of the varied and diverse immigrant Jewish communities who build and contribute to the State of Israel. Encountering Israeli culture, in all its diversity, is an excellent way to encounter the Jewish People in its various manifestations.